Getting to Socotra
Getting to Socotra
The airlines operating the flights are Air Arabia and Yemenia Airlines and the reservation for tourists can be arranged only by certified/licensed Socotra travel agency.
The transfer to the island and visa arrangement is quite complicated.
The flight connection is available only once a week through Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) or once a week through Yemen mainland.
Since the options for air connections to Socotra are limited, a charter flight is the only way to visit the island of Socotra.
Air Arabia offers once flight per week, currently every Tuesday.
This approximately 2-hour flight costs 930USD/person, its more affordable, faster and safer than a flight with Yemenia Airlines from Cairo to Socotra with a stopover in Aden on the Yemeni mainland.
Formalities regarding the permission to enter Socotra and visa can be administered only by an ecotourism agency situated in Socotra.
Please check that your passport is valid for at least six months at the time of entry.
Visa cannot be arranged “on arrival”; i.e. after arriving to Socotra.
Direct flights from ABU DHABI to SOCOTRA island with AIR ARABIA / once a week every Tuesday /
Flight ticket to SOCOTRA season 2023/ 2024
Abu Dhabi to Socotra, flight NO 476, AUH 11:00 - SCT 12:10
Socotra to Abu Dhabi, flight NO 477, SCT 13:40 – AUH 17:05
- the ticket cannot be booked online, the assistance of a licensed company from Socotra is required for reservation and payment
- for more information contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, WhatsApp: +420 777 250 401
- booking is required well in advance (usually 6 months in advance), these are not commercial flights and the number of tickets per week is strictly limited
- of course, I also provide a visa, which cannot be obtained on-arrival, processed at least three weeks before departure
The flight schedule for the new season from September 2023 to May 2024 can be changed and specified!
PRIVATE Tours to Socotra:
- Ask for an individual/private trip
- From the end of September to May it is possible to visit the island of Socotra.
- It doesn't matter whether you are a solo traveler, a couple, a family or a group of friends.
- If you are a group of friends, 5 or more, ask for an individual price!
- You can also go individually for 2 weeks tour
Safety island of Socotra
Due to Socotra’s isolation there are no political, religious or ethnical riots that could disturb or threaten the visitors in any way. Therefore, you do not have to be alarmed by any disturbances in Yemen or in any other part of the world.
You can also move outside alone at night without any problems, everywhere on the island is quite safe. The island is also safe for solo womens travelers.
So, you can enjoy everything Socotra offers as much as you like.